Spicy Kimchi Quinoa Bowl
Image Source: Simply Quinoa
Recipe Source: Spicy Kimchi Quinoa Bowl
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- ½ tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 cups cooked quinoa, cooled
- 1 cup kimchi, chopped
- 2 tsp kimchi "juice" (the liquid from the jar)
- 2 tsp gluten-free tamari
- 1 tsp hot sauce (optional)
- 2 cups kale, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup sliced green onions for garnish (optional)
- Fresh ground pepper for garnish (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add ginger and garlic and saute for 30 - 60 seconds until fragrant. Add the quinoa and kimchi and cook until hot, about 2 - 3 minutes. Stir in kimchi juice, tamari and hot sauce if using. Turn to low and stir occasionally while you prepare the other ingredients.
- In a separate skillet, cook the eggs on low until the whites have cooked through but the yolks are still runny, about 3 - 5 minutes.
- Steam the kale in a separate pot for 30 - 60 seconds until soft.
- Assemble the bowls, dividing the kimchi-quinoa mixture and kale evenly between two dishes. Top with green onions and fresh pepper if using.