Scrumptious Morning Waffles (Gluten-Free!)
Recipe Source/Inspiration: Chef Brad
Image Source: Natural Balance Foods
- 3 cups mixed grains (we used oat groats, brown rice and buckwheat)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 cups milk (almond or rice milk, whatever you prefer)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (or any other kind)
- Splash of vanilla
- 2 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- Put mixed grains, chia seeds and milk in a blender and blend on high for about 3 minutes.
- Add oil, vanilla, honey, salt and eggs then blend again, pulsing about 3 times.
- Throw in the baking powder then pulse once more (or until mixed in).
- Let sit for a few minutes then cook in waffle iron.
- Serve and enjoy with your favorite syrup and/or other toppings!