Roasted Sweet Potato, Quinoa And Fried Egg Bowl
Image Source: Fitness Magazine
Recipe Source: Roasted Sweet Potato, Quinoa and Fried Egg Bowl
- 2 small sweet potatoes (1 pound), diced
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 ⅓ cups water
- ¾ cup quinoa
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 small shallot
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- Microgreens, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees . On a baking sheet, toss sweet potatoes with 1 tablespoon coconut oil and paprika and season with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Roast until tender, 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, bring water and quinoa to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until liquid is absorbed, 15 minutes. Fluff quinoa with a fork, then transfer to a large bowl; add sweet potatoes and combine.
- To make vinaigrette, puree olive oil, vinegar, shallot, mustard, thyme and remaining salt and pepper in a blender until smooth. Pour half over quinoa/sweet potato mixture, tossing to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat remaining coconut oil over medium heat. Add eggs and fry until whites are set but yolks are still soft, 3 minutes.
- Divide quinoa/sweet potato mixture among four bowls and top with an egg, walnuts and microgreens. Drizzle with remaining vinaigrette.