Raw Vegan Alfredo Sauce with Zucchini Noodles
Recipe and Image Source: Vegangela
See more at Fitlife.tv Saturday Strategy
- 4 small zucchinis
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in water for 20 minutes and drained
- ¾ cup water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp nutmeg (optional)
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 garlic cloves
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp light miso paste (optional – look for unpasteurized miso to make this 100% raw)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- To make the zucchini noodles
a. Using a vegetable peeler, remove the skin from the zucchinis and discard. Starting from one end of the zucchini, peel a long ribbon of flesh down to the other end of the zucchini. Turn the zucchini and repeat this step around the entire zucchini, until the core is so small that it is difficult to peel. Repeat this step for the other zucchinis.
- To make the raw Alfredo sauce
a. Combine the remaining ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
b. Place half of the zucchini noodles in a serving bowl and gently stir half the sauce through it. Repeat for the remaining noodles and sauce. Serve with a sprinkle of fresh basil or parsley.