How to Make Anti-Inflammatory Quinoa Burgers in Under 30 Minutes
- 1 cup garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- ¾ cup cooked quinoa
- ½ r red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- bunch of fresh cilantro (finely chopped)
- 5 tbsp chickpea flour
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1-2 tbsp coconut oil for cooking
- Melt 1 tbsp coconut oil in a large pan and sauté onions and garlic on low heat until soft then remove from heat (be careful not to burn).
- Set aside diced red pepper and chopped cilantro.
- Put garbanzo beans in a food processor and process into a thick, textured paste and transfer into large mixing bowl.
- Add all ingredients to the processed garbanzo beans including 2 tbsp of chickpea flour (set the remaining flour aside) and mix until combined.
- Sprinkle a cutting board (preferably wood) with remaining chickpea flour. Take a small handful of mixture into your hands and roll into a small ball (about the size of a lemon) and press gently on the cutting board to form a patty.
- Reheat the pan the onions were cooked in, add another tbsp of coconut oil and cook the patties about 2-3 minutes each side, or until lightly browned.
- Serve with lettuce wraps and sweet potato fries.