Quick Veggie Quinoa Bowl
Recipe and Image Source: Health Coach Philly
- 1 pack frozen quinoa (or cook 1-1.5 cups of dry quinoa)
- 1 small pack mushrooms (I used a mixture of shiitake and baby bellas here), cleaned and sliced
- 3 tbsp tamari
- 1-2 tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ onion, diced (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (optional)
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2-3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ⅓ cup unsweetened almond milk
- Cook quinoa (instructions on package).
- Heat a small pan to medium. Add the coconut oil, (onions and garlic if using), mushrooms and tamari.
- Cook the mushrooms to your liking. I like to cook them for about 7 minutes until they are a bit dark and chewy and full of flavor. If the extra water from the mushrooms doesn't cook off, drain a bit into the sink before you continue with step 4.
- Stir in the quinoa, spinach, almond milk and nutritional yeast and cook for another 1-2 minutes until the spinach wilts a bit, the milk and yeast have combined nicely and all of the flavors have come together.