Pumpkin Pie Power Balls
Here are some absolutely amazing recipes to try the next time you have a hankering for something sweet but don’t want to fall off the healthy-habits wagon. Give ‘em a try and let me know what you think!
- 1 cup pitted dates
- ½ cup walnuts
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Dash of sea salt
- Coconut oil, ghee or grass-fed butter (for greasing the cookie sheet)
- Soak the dates in warm water for 5-10 minutes to soften.
- Place the walnuts in a food processor or high speed blender and pulse until ground.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients and pulse until well blended, reaching a sticky consistency (except for the coconut oil - that is just for greasing your cookie sheet).
- Transfer mixture into a bowl and place in the fridge to allow to firm up a bit (at least 20 minutes).
- Remove bowl from the fridge and scoop out mixture in spoonfuls, rolling them into 2” balls.
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake at 325 degree for 15-20 minutes, or until slightly golden.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!
- Can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge up to 7 days.