About the Recipe:
This delicious snack will give you the burst of energy you need to get through your mid-afternoon slump. It’s also great for the kids after school! The oats and peanut butter in this recipe add a ton of protein and fiber to your daily diet.
They’re easy to make, fun to share and all in all a wonderful way to keep you healthy when feeling the need to munch! Enjoy these little energy balls during the day at home, work or anywhere for that extra, well-deserved boost.
Used with permission from Unprocessed Living.
- 1 cup quick cooking rolled oats
- Dash Celtic sea salt
- ½ cup organic raisins
- ½ cup pitted Medjool dates
- 2 tbsp natural peanut butter (OK to sub sunbutter to make nut-free)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Put oats and salt in a food processor. Process until finely ground.
- Add remaining ingredients and process until fully combined. Add a few drops of water if needed to come together.
- Form into balls or press into a square pan and cut into squares. Makes 20-30 balls depending on how big you make them.