Image source: Pitaya Plus
- 1 pack frozen pitaya (Pitaya Plus brand – can buy at Whole Foods, Jimbos, local health market)
- ½ frozen banana
- ½ cup water, coconut water, almond or coconut milk
- ½ an avocado for healthy fat boost (optional)
- Healthy Fat: coconut flakes
- Protein: hemp seeds, sunflower seeds, pepitas, nuts or protein powder
- Superfood: chia seeds, cacao nibs, goji berries
- Fruit: blueberries
- Blend base ingredients in a high-speed blender.
- Top with your favorite toppings.
Note: any of your smoothies can be made into a smoothie bowl. Just use ½ the amount of liquid so it’s thicker and add your toppings.
*If you cannot find pitaya, you can also make same recipe with acai frozen packs or frozen berries.