Perfect Guacamole Recipe
Image Source: Tabasco.com
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 red onion, minced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1-2 serrano chiles, stems and seeds removed, minced
- 2 tbsps. cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. of fresh lime or lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. coarse salt
- dash of freshly grated black pepper
- 1/2 ripe tomato, seeds and pulp removed, chopped
- Garnish with red radishes or jicama. Serve with tortilla chips.
- Cut the avocados in half. Remove seed. Scoop out avocado from the peel, put in a mixing bowl.
- Using a fork, mash the avocado. Add the chopped onion, cilantro, lime or lemon, salt and pepper and mash some more. Chili peppers vary individually in their hotness. So, start with a half of one chili pepper and add to the guacamole to your desired degree of hotness. Remember that much of this is done to taste because of the variability in the fresh ingredients. Start with this recipe and adjust to your taste.
- Just before serving, add the chopped tomato to the guacamole and mix.