Immune Boosting Soup
About the Recipe
Immune Boosting Foods
Having a strong immune system is optimal for a healthy lifestyle. It’s important to have a plan of action. Knowing what to eat and the nutritional benefits of different foods can make it easier to maintain a powerful immune system all year long.
Certain herbs are great for supporting a great immune system. Herbs such as garlic contain compounds like allicin, ajoene and thiosulfinates which help your body fight off infections. Horseradish, cayenne and ginger stimulate blood flow and also kill microbes. Oregano and thyme contain aromatic compounds which have amazing antimicrobial effects.
Mushrooms are amazing immune boosters. Eating mushrooms on a regular basis will create optimal health. Mushrooms are especially amazing because they contain complex polysaccharides which act as immunomodulators. Immunomodulators work to balance your immune system, they can stimulate a weak immune system and also calm an overactive immune system.
These ingredients have overwhelming effects on boosting your immune system.
Image Source: Burdock and Rose
- 2 oz. of astragalus root
- 2 oz. of shitake mushroom
- 2 oz. of reishi mushroom
- 1 oz. of chaga mushroom
- 1 oz. ginger root
- 3 gallons of water, divided
- Bring herbs and 2 gallons of water to a boil. When the water starts to boil turn it down to a low simmer. Simmer for 2-3 hours, covered until the volume is decreased by half.
- Add the remaining gallon of water and simmer for 3 more hours. Allow the liquid to cool, strain and freeze into ice trays.
- To use, thaw 1-2 cubes daily. You can drink it plain, warmed up or add it to your soup of choice.