Immune Boosting Kick Ass Fire Cider
About the Recipe
This recipe is great to stave off colds and flus and to break up congestion. Also great as a healing salad dressing!
Image Source: the kitchn
- 1/2 cup grated ginger
- 1/4 cup grated Thai ginger
- 1/2 cup fresh grated horseradish root
- 1 medium onion
- 10 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Zest and juice from 2 lemons
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh or dried thyme
- 1-2 fresh tubers of turmeric, chopped
- 1 tsp crushed black pepper
- 2-3 fresh thai chili peppers, chopped
- 1 large bottle raw apple cider
- Raw honey to taste
- Add all of the herbs, spices and lemon juice and zest to a quart sized jar.
- Top-off the jar with apple cider vinegar, leaving some room at the top for shaking the jar.
- Cover the jar.
- Shake and shake some more, ensuring all the ingredients are mixed well.
- Store in a cool, dark place for a month.
- Shake the jar daily.
- After one month, strain out the mixture and pour into a clean jar. Squeeze as much liquid out of the pulp and herbs mixture.
- Add 1/4 cup of honey to the fire cider. Add more if needed.
- *** Take 1 tablespoon daily for preventive measures. More if needed at the first signs of a cold.