Granola Bars Recipe
Recipe Source: Paleo Leap
Image Source: Kashi
- 4 cups of assorted nuts
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup of dried fruit (dates, raisin, etc.)
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ⅓ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. sea salt
- Soak the nuts overnight in warm water with the salt.
- Drain the nuts and rinse them well in a colander.
- Place the nuts on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast the nuts in a preheated oven at 150 F. for 10 to 12 hours.
- Cool the nuts completely before using.
- Roughly chop half the nuts using a rolling pin or a knife.
- Place the other half of the nuts in a food processor and pulse until you get a soft powder (it will almost be pasty.)
- In a small saucepan placed over a medium low heat, add the coconut oil, almond butter, honey, vanilla, and cinnamon. Heat until bubbles start to form, and then remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, mix the chopped nuts, ground nuts, dried fruit, and almond butter mixture until everything is well combined.
- Pour the nut mixture into a dish covered with parchment paper and firmly pack the granola mixture tightly, making a single clean layer.
- Cover with another piece of parchment paper and let sit for 1 or 2 hours at room temperature.
- Place in the freezer for another hour.
- Slice the granola into equal rectangular pieces and serve. Keep the leftovers in the refrigerator.