Fried Egg with Avocado
Image source: Bon Appetit
- 2 eggs (pasture raised, organic)
- ½ an avocado
- Small handful of spinach
- Handful of cherry tomatoes, sliced (optional)
- salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp of butter or coconut oil
- Add tbsp butter or coconut oil into a frying pan and melt on low heat.
- Once melted, crack two whole eggs into pan and cover with lid.
- Keep on low heat with lid until top of the egg is lightly cooked/covered (approximately 3-4 minutes) If you like over-medium eggs, cook a bit longer.
- Remove eggs with a spatula and serve over spinach with ½ of avocado on the side, top with salt and pepper.