See more at Fitlife.tv Saturday Strategy
- 2 potatoes (sweet or regular), diced
- 2 leeks, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 5 bay leaves
- Multi-colored carrots (as many as you’d like), chopped
- 8 pitted dates, chopped
- 3 cups water
- 1 quart canned tomatoes, diced
- 3 Tbs. cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Steam potatoes until tender, set aside
- Saute the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat
- Add leeks, garlic, onion and salt and pepper - let cook about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add all spices, mix well.
- Add potatoes, carrots, dates, tomatoes and water. Simmer on low heat for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Let cool, sprinkle with cilantro and enjoy!