Image credit: Shutterstock
- 3.5 lb pork shoulder
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Coconut oil
- 1.5 T fresh thyme leaves
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 cup chicken broth or stock
- 1 head cauliflower rice, shredded
- Rub the pork shoulder generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat coconut oil l in skillet on high and sear roast on all sides (1-2 minutes per side max).
- Place in crock pot.
- Add the broth and bay leaves. Broth does not need to cover the pork entirely.
- Cook on low for at least 6-8 hours.
- When ready to eat, heat coconut oil on medium in a skillet and add shredded cauliflower. Season with salt, pepper and any other desired spices. Stirring consistently, fry for 10-15 minutes or until cauliflower is cooked to preference.
- Serve pork on cauliflower rice with salsas, lettuce, etc.