Cream Of Chicken Soup
Image credit: Shutterstock
- 1 medium leek, sliced;
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced;
- 2 cloves garlic, minced;
- 1 tbsp. tapioca starch;
- 4 cups chicken stock;
- 1 cup water;
- ½ cup coconut milk;
- Coconut oil;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Melt some cooking fat in a large saucepan placed over a medium-high heat.
- Add the leeks to the saucepan and cook until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken stock and water and bring to a boil while stirring.
- Lower the heat and let simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add the chicken and coconut milk and cook until the whole soup is warmed through.
- Remove one ladle of warm broth from the soup. Mix it with the tapioca starch in small bowl, and then slowly add the mixture back to the soup while stirring, until the soup reaches your desired consistency.
- Adjust the seasoning and serve.