Cranberry Bliss Detox Smoothie
Recipe Source: West of Persia
- 2 apples, sliced, peel left on
- 2 pears, sliced, peel left on
- 1 lemon, peeled, cut in quarters, seeds removed
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 cups of filtered water (keep extra handy if needed)
- Sweetener of choice (my picks would be stevia, agave, or honey, in that order of preference)
- 4-6 Ice cubes (if you want a cooler smoothie)
- 1 Tablespoon turmeric
- 2 Teaspoons pumpkin pie spice blend (optional) OR
- 2 Teaspoons of cinnamon OR
- 1 Teaspoon of nutmeg
- Blend ice, if using, and 1 cup of the filtered water together. Then add the spice powders and blend again. Add in all fruits and blend until smooth, adding water as necessary. Check the taste and adjust seasoning to taste. If it seems too thick, add more filtered water and re-blend.
- Pour into festive glasses of your choice, and enjoy. I like to drink mine with a straw. You can store the smoothie, covered, in the fridge for two days, or freeze any leftover smoothie and enjoy another day.