Cinnamon Apple, Walnut, Kale And Quinoa Salad
Image Source: ifoodreal
Recipe Source: Cinnamon Apple, Walnut, Kale and Quinoa Salad
- ⅔ cup dry or 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 3 large handfuls kale, stalks removed & finely chopped (I used pre-washed baby kale)
- 3 medium apples, cored & diced (use sweet variety)
- 5 celery stalks, diced
- 1 cup walnut halves or pieces
- Cinnamon Dressing:
- ¼ cup olive oil, extra virgin
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- ½ lemon, juice of
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- Cook dry quinoa as per package instructions. If using leftover quinoa measure 2 cups. Add to a large mixing bowl along with kale, walnuts, apples and celery.
- In a small skillet, toast walnuts on low-medium heat until lightly brown, about 5 minutes. Stir frequently and watch closely not to burn. Transfer to a bowl with other ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk together Cinnamon Dressing ingredients, pour over salad and stir gently. Serve cold or warm, on its own or with chicken or turkey.
- Storage Instructions: Refrigerate salad without the dressing for up to 2 days. Dressing keeps well refrigerated for a few weeks. All dressed salad stays fresh in the fridge for up to 1 day.