Chicken Enchilada Soup
Image credit: Shutterstock
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breast
- 2 cups chicken stock, low-sodium
- 1 15-ounce can of medium enchilada sauce
- 1 15-ounce can of black beans, rinsed & drained (or 1.5 cups dry beans, prepared)
- 1 15-ounce can of red kidney beans, rinsed & drained (or 1.5 cups dry beans, prepared)
- 2 15-ounce cans tomatoes with juice
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- Optional: ¼ tsp chili powder
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker.
- Stir ingredients together.
- Cook on high 3-4 hours or low 6-8 hours.
- When finished, shred chicken with a fork.
- Top with fresh cilantro, vegan cheese, or avocado.