Chicken and Sweet Potato Curry
Image credit: Shutterstock
- 1 lb chicken breast, chopped into chunks
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 sweet potatoes, peel and cut into cubes
- ½ onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ cup organic chicken stock
- 1 can coconut milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tbsp coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken breast and season with salt and pepper.
- Once cooked through, remove from pan and set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp coconut oil to pan and cook onions until translucent.
- Add garlic, curry powder and ground ginger and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and stir well.
- Add coconut milk, sweet potatoes and chicken to pan.
- Simmer on low-med heat until sweet potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.