About the Recipe
This recipe is absolutely a delicious way to substitute for normal, boring, store bought jam. Try this in oatmeal or yogurt. You could even pair with your favorite nut butter for an old time PB&J! Bring on the childhood memories!
- 1 lb fresh or frozen berry (strawberries, blueberries, and/or raspberries)
- 3 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1-2 Tbsp water
- 2-3 Tbsp pure maple syrup, honey, agave, or stevia
- 1/2 teaspoon pure orange or vanilla extract
- Warm fruit in a saucepan over medium heat to a slight boil.
- Blend or mash fruit with a spoon or fork.
- Turn heat to low, stir in chia seeds.
- Add water slowly if your berry-sauce is really thick. Sweeten to your liking.
- Remove from heat and stir in extract. Allow to cool and enjoy.