Breakfast Power Bowl
Image Source: Simply Happenstance
Recipe Source: Breakfast Power Bowl
- ⅔ cup cooked quinoa
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ cup rinsed blueberries
- 1 banana, sliced
- 3 tbsp slivered almonds
- 2 tbsp melted almond butter (or other nut butter)
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tbsp dark chocolate chips or cacao nibs (optional)
- *Other optional toppings:
- sliced strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, kiwi, peaches, coconut shavings, goji berries, pomegranate seeds, pumpkin seeds, nut butters, cacao nibs, or crunchy granola
- Stir together cooked quinoa, chia seeds, almond (or coconut) milk and vanilla in a medium-sized serving bowl, until combined.
- Pour mixture into one or two serving dishes. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight (or at least 4 hours).
- When Ready To Eat:
- Rinse and slice fresh fruit.
- Combine almond butter and honey in a saucepan or microwave-safe dish. Heat until warm.
- Top quinoa pudding with fruit, slivered almonds, chocolate (optional) and a drizzle of the almond butter/honey mixture.
- Serve and enjoy immediately.