Blackened Salmon with Roasted Asparagus
Image source: OMG 28
- For the Salmon:
- ¾-1 lb wild caught salmon (2 fillets)
- 1 tbsp paprika
- ½ tbsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tbsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter or coconut oil, melted
- ½ lemon for to garnish
- For the Asparagus:
- 1 bunch small asparagus, ends chopped
- 4-6 tbsp olive or coconut oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Option to add Tomato Avocado Salad:
- ½ cup cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced
- ¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ red onion, diced
- juice of 1 lemon or lime (both taste great)
- tsp olive oil
- For Salmon:
a. In small bowl, mix all spices.
b. Coat both sides of salmon with butter or coconut oil.
c. Sprinkle spice mixture on both sides of each fillet.
d. Put remaining butter/coconut oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat and cook bottom of salmon (skin side) for about 2-5 minutes or until blackened.
e. Flip fillets over with tongs, adding more butter or oil if necessary and cook until blackened. Should easily flake with a fork.
f. Serve with fresh squeezed lemon.
- For Asparagus:
a. Coat with olive oil or coconut oil and top with sea salt & pepper.
b. Option to pan fry, grill or bake.
c. Pan fry or grill on medium heat until tender or bake on 400 until tender (about 15-20 minutes).
- For Salad:
Mix all ingredients into bowl and serve cold.