Beef and Cabbage Roll Ups
Image credit: Shutterstock
- 1 pound grass-fed beef top sirloin
- 2 tbsp pickling spice (2 tbsp mustard seed, dill seed, bay leaves, cinnamon, pepper, coriander, chili, allspice and ginger mixture)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ head green cabbage
- Sliced almond cheese (optional)
- Marinade sirloin with pickling seasoning and olive oil.
- While steak marinades, wash cabbage and separate the leaves.
- Add 1 inch of water to a pot on the stove and bring to a boil.
- Add cabbage leaves and cover. Steam for 5-10 minutes.
- Sear the steak for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Slice steak into thin slices.
- Pat the cabbage leaves dry with a paper towel.
- In the skillet, lay down one cabbage leaf and top with almond cheese and 2 steak slices and cook until cheese is melted.
- Remove from stove and roll up, pin with a toothpick so it stays in place.
- Repeat steps 8-9 until steak is all in rolls.