Baked Chicken with Creamed Kale
- 2 chicken breasts (bone in or out)
- 1 bunch kale leaves, rinsed and removed from stem
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ a small white onion, diced
- ½ cup canned, full fat coconut milk or cream
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- salt & pepper
- Vegans: beans with creamed collards (see additional recipe)
- For the chicken:
a. Preheat oven to 350.
b. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt, pepper and cumin
Heat coconut oil in a frying pan on medium heat.
c. Brown both sides of the chicken (about 2 minutes each side) then transfer to a baking dish and bake on 350 for 20-25 minutes or until fully cooked.
- For the Creamed Kale: (while chicken is baking)
a. Melt 1-2 tbsp coconut oil in a pan (can use same pan as chicken).
b. Add garlic and onions and cook on medium heat until softened.
c. Add kale leaves and coconut milk (try to use the thick portion) and let simmer for about 10 minutes or until coconut milk becomes evaporated and creamy, stirring occasionally.
d. Top with sea salt and pepper to taste.
Option to squeeze lemon on top.