Recipe To Make Eating Cabbage NOT Boring
By Lindsay Sibson
It is no secret as to the importance of buying organic fruits and vegetables.
From avoiding GMO’s to protecting your body from harmful pesticides and other harsh chemicals, choosing ORGANIC products keeps your body safe and healthy.
However, if you are new to purchasing organic foods, then you might do a double take at the prices. YES, organic foods do cost more than “regular” foods – BUT, you are receiving a far superior good (and a safe one at that).
Luckily, there are organic veggies that are consistently affordably priced. One of those vegetables is CABBAGE!
Now, even if you don’t THINK you like cabbage, stick with me for a minute, because what I am about to share is a simple, yet deliciously transformational way to eat cabbage. By roasting cabbage slices with simple spices and oil, you can create a sweet and tasty dish.
Not to mention that cabbage is chock full of health benefits – check ‘em out below:
Benefits Of Cabbage
- Excellent source of vitamin C
- Great source of manganese
- Has a powerful antioxidant capacity
- Cancer prevention benefits due to its antioxidant richness
- Anti-inflammatory benefits because of the polyphenols
- Helps your stomach and digestive tract
These roasted cabbage slices make a great base. Top them off with eggs for a delicious breakfast or a grass-fed burger for a tasty lunch.
- 1 head of cabbage
- 3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- Alternative: coconut oil
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Personalize it: add a sprinkle of your favorite herbs and spices:
- Dill, basil, paprika, turmeric, cayenne pepper, etc.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Starting at the top of the head, slice the cabbage into ½ inch slices.
- Oil a baking sheet with 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Place the sliced cabbage on the baking sheet and drizzle with the remaining oil.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and desired spices.
- Roast for 35-45 minutes (until tender in the middle).
- When the sides are golden brown, remove from the oven.
- Serve immediately - Enjoy!
How would you use these yummy roasted cabbage slices? SHARE with us below!
For a quick, easy and powerful concoction that can help you reach your health goals, PLEASE check out our Organifi Green Juice.
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS