Read This Before You Throw Out The Pickle Juice
Written by: Brandi Monasco
Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers.
That’s a lot of pickles, considering that a peck is the equivalent to two gallons of pickles!
Many people love pickles. They’re cool and crisp, tangy and sweet. They provide you with nutrients, minerals and vitamins that your body needs. They’re also a great source of probiotics to help keep that good bacteria in your gut around. They can help improve your digestion, protect your liver and can even ease nausea.
But did you know that the juice is just as good as the pickle itself?
Many people just toss out the juice once all of the pickles are gone. But what you may not know is that there are benefits to keeping that pickle juice around.
Benefits Of Pickle Juice:
1. Eases An Upset Stomach And Heartburn. The vinegar in pickle juice helps to relieve acid reflux and heartburn. Drinking pickle juice can also help relieve the symptoms of stomach cramps, gas and other digestive ailments.
2. Helps With Digestion. Pickle juice is considered to be fermented; this means that it is filled with probiotics that are good for your gut health. Probiotics encourage growth and a healthy balance of good bacteria in your gut. This helps reduce and prevent bloating.
3. Helps With A Hangover. Sometimes people overdo it when it comes to a night out with friends and you wake up with a hangover the next day. This is because your body has lost so much water and electrolytes, leaving you with a headache and feeling horrible. Drinking pickle juice helps to replenish the salt and electrolytes that you lost the night before. Simply drink a tablespoon or two and you should feel better.
4. It’s Better Than A Sport Drink. Because pickle juice is loaded with sodium and electrolytes, not only does it work for a hangover, but it can also help relieve muscle cramps after a workout, making it better than any sport drink on the market.
5. It’s Packed Full Of Nutrients And Antioxidants. Pickle juice is high in calcium and vitamin C, both of which can help increase your health as well as help manage your weight. Also, the nutrients and antioxidants in pickle juice are more easily absorbed into your body because of its high acidic content.
How To Drink Pickle Juice
The easiest way is to simply drink the juice out of the jar. Or if you prefer, you can mix it into a few ounces of water or add it to your recovery drink after your workout. You can also add some juice to salads.
Have you tried drinking pickle juice before? What’s your favorite way to enjoy it? Share with us in the comments below!
Get 10 strains of powerful probiotics all at once with Biotic Balance Probiotics. These high-quality probiotics help to balance your gut, fight fatigue and improve your immune system. With just one capsule a day, you can improve your health and vitality. Biotic Balance contains 50 billion colony forming units to keep your gut flourishing with the “good” bacteria and support a healthy body from within.
Source, Source, Source, Source
Brandi Monasco is a freelance writer, graphic designer and social media manager from Texas. She graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Communication Arts and has recently found a new love for health and nutrition.
Latest posts by Brandi Monasco (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS