Raw Vegan Pumpkin Pie Recipe For The Holidays
By Jenna Barrington
Pumpkin pie sure sounds like it’s supposed to be healthy, right?
Pumpkins do contain and impressive and unexpected amount of health benefits. But, when you combine pumpkin with the amount of sugar, white flour and other ingredients that are found in the traditional pumpkin pie, those benefits go out the window.
If you’re looking for a raw, vegan-friendly, EASY-TO-MAKE pumpkin pie that is as good for your body as it is delicious, you’ve come to the right place!
Benefits Of This Pumpkin Pie
Raw Vegan Pumpkin Pie
- ½ cup raw almonds
- ½ cup raw cashews
- ¾ cup pitted dates
- ½ cup raisins
- ¼ cup shredded raw coconut
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 cups fresh or canned 100% pumpkin
- 10 pitted dates
- 1 banana
- ¼ almond milk
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ cup shredded raw coconut (topping)
- Combine all crust ingredients into a food processor or high quality blender and process for about 1 minute or until the mixture becomes crumbly.
- Pour the crust into a 9-inch pie pan and gently press into the pan to make a crust shape. Place in fridge.
- Pour all filling ingredients (except coconut) into a blender. Blend for a few minutes or until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Pour filling into pie crust, sprinkle with shredded coconut, chill in fridge.
This pie is super easy to make – no baking required! But it tastes delicious and is packed with nutrients.
- Nuts Linked To Longevity And Better Health
Exciting new studies have linked the regular consumption of raw nuts to better health and longevity. Nuts are full of protein and healthy fats that give your body and immune system the fuel they both need to thrive.
Dates are a natural laxative and may help to prevent and/or treat constipation. There are also several compounds in dates that help to promote good bacteria in the gut and soothe symptoms of intestinal disorders.
- Shredded Coconut May Boost Libido
Coconut contains a good amount of zinc – an important mineral for the proper functioning of the digestive system as well as libido function.
- Pumpkin Improves Eyesight
1 cup of pumpkin contains over 200% your needed dose of vitamin A! This is one of the most important vitamins for your vision and overall eye health.
- Bananas Prevent Muscle Cramping
There is over 400 milligrams of potassium in a single banana. Potassium is important for a healthy nervous system and getting good quality sleep. This mineral also benefits the muscles by preventing and/or soothing painful cramping.
A Few More Pumpkin Recipes:
Roasted Stuffed Pumpkin
No need to leave the holiday season feeling heavier, more tired and guilty. There are a lot of fabulous recipes out there that taste amazing and are VERY GOOD for you! Do your research now and you will be prepared to WOW your family and friends with the best recipes of the season.
Have any healthy, delicious holiday recipes? Please share with us in the comments below!
Jenna Barrington is studying Therapeutic Nutrition and Holistic Medicine and aspires to be a practitioner, teacher and writer. She is passionate about education and helping others take control of their health.
Jenna lives with her husband in Utah and loves writing, cooking, green smoothies, training her dog, Japanese, spending time at the ocean, bungee jumping, walking barefoot in the grass and being with her family.
Latest posts by Jenna Barrington (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS