Purify Your Body With This Nutrient Dense Kale-Avocado-Chickpea Simple Salad
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
What is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and irresistibly fresh and scrumptious?
The recipe you are about to read – of course!
Salads are not only extremely versatile in regards to ingredients and flavors, but also can be built to be nutrient dense SUPER meals that purify your body, flood your system with nutrients and protect against inflammation.
This Kale-Avocado-Chickpea Simple Salad is one of those super salads that will have your easily reaching for seconds… and thirds… and…
Benefits Of A Kale-Avocado-Chickpea Simple Salad
- One of the most nutrient dense foods
- Can help lower cholesterol
- Great source of vitamin K
- Packed with antioxidants
- Has anti-inflammatory properties
- Great source of iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphate, calcium, zinc and vitamin K
- Supports building and maintaining bone structure and strength
- High in fiber, potassium, vitamin B6 and vitamin C
- Very nutritious and contain a wide variety of nutrients, including 20 vitamins and minerals
- Soothe your intestines and help with digestion
- Rich source of antioxidants: vitamin C and E boost the antioxidant properties of your body
- High in potassium, which supports healthy blood pressure levels
- Loaded with heart healthy monounsaturated fatty acids
- Acts as a blood purifier and cleansing agent
- Protects against inflammation
- Has many nourishing elements like vitamin C, vitamin B6, vitamin A, vitamin E, folate, niacin, calcium, iron, potassium, zinc and protein
- Rich in monounsaturated fatty acids (a healthy dietary fat)
- Lowers your risk of developing cardiovascular disease
- Helps maintain healthy cholesterol levels
- Contains a compound called allicin, which has potent medicinal properties
- Boosts the function of your immune system
- Highly nutritious with few calories
- Contains manganese, vitamin B6, vitamin C, fiber, selenium, calcium, copper, iron, phosphorus and vitamin B1
How To Make A Kale-Avocado-Chickpea Simple Salad
- 8 cups of kale, washed and finely chopped
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed (15 ounces)
- 1 avocado, ripe and diced
1. To make the dressing: whisk together the lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Slowly add in the olive oil and whisk until creamy.
2. Place all of the kale in a large bowl and drizzle the dressing over the salad.
- Gently toss the kale until the dressing is evenly distributed throughout.
- Add in the chickpeas and avocado and toss the salad again.
3. Serve immediately or cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
This simple salad is absolutely tasty as is – but you can customize the flavor and nutrition profile by adding in your favorite ingredients, such as:
- Chopped nuts
- Diced cheese
- Sliced fresh fruit
- Animal protein (chicken, beef, seafood)
No juicer? No problem! Organifi Green Juice is a carefully selected blend of 11 different superfoods including turmeric, spirulina, lemon, mint, moringa and more. It was formulated for busy women and men who are looking for a way to super boost their health and support their lifestyle without spending a lot of time or money in the kitchen. Try it today!
-This post contains affiliate links.
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
CELEBRATE THE 2018 WINTER OLYMPICS AS AN ORGANIFI VIP!
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS