Pumpkin Spice Latte Bites Recipe
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
Trick or treat.
Give me something GOOD to eat!
Halloween is a time of year where sweet treats are aplenty and there is a spirit of fun floating about.
Whether it is the candy bowl staring at you from across the office, or the buffet table at a Halloween party… it is nearly impossible to escape the overload of refined SUGAR.
You can still partake in the sweet fun by whipping up your own treats made with natural ingredients – such as these Pumpkin Spice Latte Bites! They’re easy to make, vegan, paleo and gluten-free.
Health Benefits Of Pumpkin Spice Latte Bites
- Excellent source of fiber: helps your stay fuller longer
- Packed with vitamin C, which helps boost your immune system
- Full of the antioxidant beta-carotene
- Helps neutralize free radicals
- Has a massive amount of nutrients: fiber, protein, magnesium, manganese, copper, vitamin B2, vitamin E and fat
- Loaded with antioxidants, which protect your cells from damage
- Assist with blood sugar control
- Reduce hunger, because the protein and fiber increase satiety
|Raw Maple Syrup
- Supplies some trace minerals and antioxidants
- A more natural, unrefined product than cane and other sugars
- Provides inflammation-reducing polyphenol antioxidants
Pumpkin Spice Latte Bites
- 1 ¾ cups gluten-free oat flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp coconut palm sugar
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup organic pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup raw maple syrup
- 1 tbsp almond milk
1. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, coconut palm sugar and pumpkin pie spice.
2. In a saucepan over medium heat, heat the almond butter and raw maple syrup until combined.
- Mix in your vanilla extract.
3. Pour the wet mixture and pumpkin into the dry mixture.
- Mix well.
- Depending on the consistency, add almond milk or extra flour until a firm texture is formed.
4. Use your hands to form the mixture into small bite sized balls.
- Optional: Roll the bites into cinnamon and coconut palm sugar for added flavor.
5. Refrigerate for 10 minutes (until firm) before eating.
What is YOUR favorite healthy Halloween treat? SHARE with us below!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS