Pumpkin Pie Body Scrub
Written by: Kavata Kithome
Don’t you just love fall? It’s sweaters, scarves and boots weather. But if you are anything like me as the weather cools, your skin needs special attention to keep it healthy and happy.
Here is another story about me: the first time I ever had pumpkin was when my grandmother grilled it over an open fire. I thought it was a sick looking carrot, but it was delicious! Back then I didn’t know much about pumpkins and didn’t have them regularly; it wasn’t until I moved to the States that I was able to enjoy them more.
As it turns out, pumpkins are nutritional powerhouses, full of vitamins A, C and E, plus heaps of beta-carotene, zinc, potassium and antioxidants, which makes them great for your skin; they can effectively help eliminate redness and spots.
So now that fall is here, we can take advantage of the amazing powers of pumpkin with this scrub. This scrub is extremely easy to make and you probably already have the ingredients in your kitchen right now!
This pumpkin and papaya scrub is great because you will be using seasonal produce to get the most out of your skin care.
- 2 cups of fresh organic pumpkin (canned pumpkin can be substituted)
- 1 papaya
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 cup organic sugar
1. Start by steaming 2 cups of fresh organic pumpkin for 15 minutes or until soft when prodded with a fork. Do not over steam, as vital nutrients are degraded by overcooking.
2. While your pumpkin is steaming, remove the seeds from a papaya and scoop the flesh into a mixing bowl.
3. Once the pumpkin is steamed and cooled, mash it and the papaya with the back of a fork (or in a food processor); add 3 tablespoons raw honey and 1 cup organic sugar. Mix well.
4. Spread the mixture on your hands and feet and massage in small circular motions for several minutes to gently release dead cells and rough skin.
5. Try to spend a few minutes on each part of your body using light to medium pressure. The abrasiveness of the sugar will remove dead skin cells.
Pamper yourself by treating yourself to fall with this amazing body scrub. Your skin will thank you! Do you have any other DIY skin care using fall produce? Share in the comments below.
Kavata Kithome is an advocate for living your best life, full of health and longevity. While working closely with gym owners and personal trainers, she was able to sculpt a well-rounded view of fitness and understands how to incorporate it with a healthy balanced diet. She is a regular contributor to the One More Step Lifestyle brand.
Latest posts by Kavata Kithome (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS