Pump Up Your Energy With These Pumpkin Seed Power Bites
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
I need your help.
Tell me… does anyone else out there think in song and song lyrics?
It happens to me ALL THE TIME – especially when I am researching and writing these articles for YOU, Fitlifer.
SO, without further ado… CLICK HERE and then get your booty in the kitchen to make these “Pump It Up Pumpkin Power Bites.”
Health Benefits Of Pumpkin Seed Energy Bites
- Have a wide variety of nutrients, such as magnesium, copper, protein, zinc and manganese
- Source of phytosterols, a beneficial plant compound
- Rich in free-radical scavenging antioxidants
- Help boost the function of your immune system, liver and heart
- Excellent source of plant-based omega-3s
- Eases inflammation in your body
- Have a massive amount of nutrients: fiber, protein, magnesium, manganese, copper, vitamin B2, vitamin E and fat
- Loaded with antioxidants, which protect your cells from damage
- Assist with blood sugar control
- Reduce hunger, because the protein and fiber increase satiety
- 1 cup cooked quinoa has 8 grams of protein
- Loaded with antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and fiber
- Rich in magnesium
- High content of manganese
- Rich in potassium, a mineral essential to a range of basic physiological processes
- Great source of dietary fiber
- Contains copper, an essential trace mineral that helps your body absorb and use iron to form red blood cells
- Also a good source of: niacin, folate, zinc, thiamine, riboflavin, calcium, phosphorus, vitamin K
- High in antioxidant phenols
Yo! Pump up your day with these power bites and “make my day.”
How To Make Pumpkin Seed Energy Bites
- In a food processor, blitz 10-15 pumpkin seeds to create a fine powder.
- Set aside on a plate.
- Place the remaining pumpkin seeds, puffed quinoa, almonds and dates (remove pits) in the food processor and blend until finely chopped.
- Add the turmeric, cinnamon, cacao and a pinch of sea salt.
- Blend again until well combined.
- Add the vanilla, honey and juice from ½ of the orange.
- Blend again for 1-2 minutes until a dough is formed.
- Use your hands to scoop the mixture and form it into balls.
- Roll the balls into the powdered pumpkin seeds.
- Place into a container with a lid and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
This recipe makes about 24 Power Bites. TWO pieces would make a great portion size for a snack.
No juicer? No problem! Organifi Green Juice is a carefully selected blend of 11 different superfoods including turmeric, spirulina, lemon, mint, moringa and more. It was formulated for busy women and men who are looking for a way to super boost their health and support their lifestyle without spending a lot of time or money in the kitchen. Try it today!
-This post contains affiliate links.
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS