Protein Packed Chia Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
Snack: a small portion of food eaten between meals.
That’s a nice definition and all dictionary.com … but where is the enthusiasm??
SNACKS are incredibly joyful tiny meals of sunshine-y happiness!!!
Seriously though, when you are busy at work and take a quick snack break – how AMAZING does that feel?
Snacks are legit mood enhancers – but only if you snack smartly. This chia cheesecake pudding is easy to make ahead of time so that it is ready for you to dive in, fuel up and keep you energized all day long.
- Rich content of omega-3 fatty acids
- Excellent source of dietary minerals
- Great source of B vitamins
- Packed with fiber
- High in quality protein
- Can help reduce inflammation
- Packed with probiotics, which are great for your digestive system.
- Loaded with B12, which is necessary for energy and health brain function.
- Contains protein.
- Full of iodine, which is important for proper thyroid function (which is essential for a healthy metabolism).
- High in calcium.
- Helps regulate your body’s output of cortisol.
- Too much cortisol can lead to weight gain.
- Powerful superfood
- Rich in nutrients
- Loaded with antioxidants and phytochemicals
- Helps prevent the effects of aging, cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure, cancer, arthritis and diabetes
- Filled with immune-boosting vitamin C
- Have a massive amount of nutrients: fiber, protein, magnesium, manganese, copper, vitamin B2, vitamin E and fat.
- Loaded with antioxidants, which protect your cells from damage.
- Contains natural antioxidants, enzymes and minerals needed for a healthy digestive system
- Vitamins found in honey include vitamin B6, thiamin, riboflavin, pantothenic acid and niacin
- The nutraceuticals contained in honey help neutralize damaging free radical activity
- Regular consumption of honey helps maintain the flow of your digestion
How To Make Protein Packed Chia Cheesecake Pudding
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup strawberries, chopped
- ½ cup almond milk
- ⅛ tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp raw honey
1. In a blender, combine the greek yogurt, strawberries, almond milk, vanilla and honey.
- Blend until creamy and smooth.
- Scrape down the sides the blender and pulse to mix.
2. Pour the pudding into a lidded container and stir in chia seeds.
- Let sit in the refrigerator for 3-5 hours (or overnight) – the chia seeds will expand and the pudding will thicken.
3. To serve, stir the pudding and top with fresh sliced strawberries.
You can switch up the fruity flavor by replacing the strawberries with your favorite fruit – blueberry, banana, mango and more!
This Ch-Ch-Ch-Chia Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding can be enjoyed for breakfast or as a tasty dessert and making it ahead of time makes it the perfect on-the-go snack.
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS