Protein-Filled Shamrock Smoothie Recipe
By Kat Gal
St. Patrick’s Day is coming. That means green beads, green t-shirts, green lipstick and green beer… or actually, scratch the last one: green smoothie.
That’s right, for this St. Patrick’s Day, I am suggesting a Protein-Filled Shamrock Green Smoothie.
Health Benefits Of This Delicious Holiday Alternative
- Bananas are full of potassium, reduce muscle cramps, counteract bone loss, improve your mood and aid your digestion.
- Spinach is filled with necessary vitamins and minerals, lowers your blood pressure, reduces your risk of cancer and is great for your skin.
- Coconut water is very hydrating, full of electrolytes, facilitates digestion, helps with weight loss and helps make your skin glow.
- Coconut milk improves heart health, helps to build muscle, aids digestion, prevents fatigue and provides necessary electrolytes.
- Spirulina is high in protein, iron and B-vitamins, anti-inflammatory, detoxifying, great for muscle strength and can help prevent cancer.
- Hemp seeds are a great source of omega-3 fatty acids and protein; they aid digestion, heart health and healthy skin.
- Cacao nibs are an amazing source of antioxidants, fiber, magnesium and potassium; they help improve your mood, digestion and heart health.
Kick off this jolly holiday with one of these delicious smoothies and be sure to share the idea with your friends and family!
Protein-Filled Shamrock Green Smoothie
- 1 over-ripe, frozen banana
- ¼ cup of spinach
- 1 tbsp of spirulina (or Organifi Green Juice powder)
- 1 cup of coconut water or coconut milk (depending on how thick or smooth you want your smoothie to be)
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1-2 tbsp cacao nibs
- Blend all ingredients together until desired consistency and enjoy!
If you have any amazing green recipes for St. Patrick’s Day, share them with us in the comments below. We would love to hear your ideas!
Kat Gál is a multi-passionate writer, world traveler, nomad, runner, and cat-person. She is a lifelong learner who lives outside of her comfort zones stretching her boundaries and discovering beauty around the world. She is a Certified Holistic Health and Life Coach who encourages others to embrace their unique authentic selves, follow their heart and find their own version of freedom in life.
Latest posts by Kat Gal (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS