Surprisingly Healthy ‘Cinnabon’ Pancakes: Full of Protein, Free of Gluten
Protein-Filled Cinnamon Roll Pancakes (Healthy, Vegan, GF)
Do you love pancakes? Do you love cinnamon rolls? But can’t decide which ones to have? They are both so unhealthy anyways, are you feeling ready to move onto some boring oatmeal instead?
Hold up for a second! What if you can have BOTH? Pancakes AND cinnamon rolls AND your health too?
Are you ready to try something fun, creative, delicious and HEALTHY?
These Healthy Cinnamon Roll Pancakes are for you.
These pancakes are absolutely delicious, totally healthy and completely vegan and they can be gluten-free if you wish. Thanks to our Organifi Complete Protein, they are filled with high-quality, organic, plant-based protein to keep you satisfied longer and support your weight-loss goals and exercise regiment.
Sounds too good to be true? It’s for real. I’ve been having this recipe every Sunday this month and can’t get enough of it.
Did you know that cinnamon doesn’t only make these pancakes super fun, but also adds powerful health benefits too?
- Cinnamon can help reduce inflammation.
- Cinnamon can fight infections, bacteria, viruses and fungi.
- Cinnamon can boost your health with antioxidants.
- Cinnamon can protect your heart.
- Cinnamon can prevent diabetes and lower your blood sugar.
- Cinnamon can boost your brain power.
- Cinnamon can prevent and fight cancer.
- Cinnamon can fight allergies.
What are you waiting for? Try these out-of-this-world Healthy Cinnamon Roll Pancakes.
Healthy Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
Makes: about 8 pancakes
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (or vegan butter)
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 package rapid rise yeast
- 1 1/4 cups of GF or whole wheat or spelt flour
- 2 tbsp Organifi Vanilla Complete Protein Powder
For The Cinnamon Swirl
- 2 1/2 tbsp pancake batter (from the mix above)
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Bonus: 1 tsp of Organifi Gold Juice Powder
- Add your almond milk and 2.5 tbsp of coconut oil (or vegan butter) in a small pan. Heat over medium-low heat until warm and melted.
- Let it cool a bit until it’s warm, but not too hot or too cold, about bath water temperature.
- Add your yeast with 2 tbsp of coconut sugar and stir well.
- Add your flour slowly, then the protein powder. Whisk it occasionally so it’s not too lumpy, but not completely smooth either. The consistency should be thick and sticky, but not completely dough-like. If it’s too runny, add more flour. If it’s too thick, add more milk or water.
- Cover it then put it in a warm place for 1 – 2 hours until it doubles in size.
- Once it’s doubled, with a spoon, take 2.5 tbsp of your butter into a separate bowl. Add 1/2 tbsp of coconut oil, 2 tbsp coconut sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon and if you want an extra remedying kick, 1 tsp of Organifi Gold Juice Powder and mix well. If it’s too thick, add a tiny bit of almond milk to it. Add the mix to a squeeze bottle or use a sandwich bag then snip the corner off.
- Preheat a large skillet to medium heat. Add a tiny bit of coconut oil as grease.
- For each pancake use about 1/4 cup of batter, then add the swirls with circular motions starting at the center and traveling out, squeezing it out from your sandwich bag or squeeze bottle. You can get creative and make fun shapes, designs and letters instead of circular swirls.
- When the edges seem dry and bubbles are forming on the top, flip. Cook for another 1- 2 minutes, then move onto your next pancake. Keep your pancakes warm in a 200 degree oven until all are ready to serve.
- Serve with your favorite fruits, organic honey, organic maple syrup, organic date syrup, or anything else you may prefer.
- You may store them for a few days in your fridge or you can freeze them for a few months in a sealed bag or container. They turn into a great part of your children’s lunch, dessert or afternoon snack, or you can pop them into your toaster for a quick morning breakfast on the go.
Are you curious about Organifi Complete Protein that adds the extra protein and nutrition to these pancakes?
Organifi Complete Protein is the best plant-based protein out there. It’s organic and made with the best quality ingredients, including organic pea protein, organic quinoa, organic pumpkin seed protein and necessary digestive enzymes. It can help to satisfy your hunger, indulge your taste buds, support your immune system, aid your weight loss goals and protect your digestion. Besides adding it to your pancakes and baked goods, it is delicious simply mixed with water, added to green smoothies, shakes and dips too.
Get you Organifi Complete Protein today and try these Healthy Cinnamon Roll Pancakes. Snap a photo and share it with us. We would love to see your smiles and hear your kitchen experiences and success stories. And remember, we’re in this together.
Kat Gál is a multi-passionate writer, world traveler, nomad, runner, and cat-person. She is a lifelong learner who lives outside of her comfort zones stretching her boundaries and discovering beauty around the world. She is a full-time freelance health & wellness writer, content creator, and also a Certified Holistic Health & Life Coach.
Latest posts by Kat Gal (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS