Powerful Essential Oils That Every Home Needs
Written by: Brandi Monasco
Essential oils are quickly becoming a household staple with their many powerful benefits and amazing aromas. They are used in home cleaning products, beauty products and even have great medicinal benefits to remedy illnesses and ailments.
There are several dozens of studies that have found that essential oils can be beneficial for your health. One study found that using a mouthwash with a certain essential oil has additional benefits for dental hygiene by fighting against gingivitis and dental plaque. Another study found that essential oils can be a great alternative to medications when you need help sleeping.
Here are some of the top most powerful essential oils out there that should definitely be in your natural remedy stash:
- Antifungal: Helps alleviate the symptoms of infections like dermatitis, Athlete’s foot and skin diseases.
- Antimicrobial: Provides protection against microbial infections that can occur in wounds and cuts.
- Antibacterial: Kills the growth of bacterial infections that can occur within your body. Sage can help to heal bacterial infections in your nose, throat, intestines and ears as well as infections found within your skin or in wounds.
- Antioxidant: This property helps to fight against free radicals that your body can come into contact with. Fighting against free radicals slows down the aging process and keeps your cells safe from damage.
- Sage is best for lowering high blood pressure and also helps to increase memory and attention span.
- Relieves Muscle Pain: Peppermint essential oil is a natural muscle relaxant and painkiller. It can help relieve the aches of sore muscles, sooth an aching back and even help relieve a tension headache.
- Improves Dental Health: Peppermint oil contains the same chemical, chlorhexidine, that store-bought mouthwash contains. This chemical helps in preventing the development of biofilm that can create cavities in your teeth. Peppermint essential oil can also help freshen your breath.
- Relieves Allergy Symptoms: Peppermint essential oil helps relax muscles in your nasal passages and can also help clear out the gunk that might be hiding in those passages during allergy season.
- Peppermint essential oil is best for relieving stress and also helps to reduce fatigue if you are feeling drained and can even help alleviate those chocolate cravings.
- Anti-inflammatory: Orange oil helps in reducing inflammation regardless of what is causing it. It can also help with the relief of gas, side effects from antibiotics and even inflammation from fever.
- Antiseptic: This property helps in preventing infections that can occur within wounds and cuts. It can help prevent bacterial infections, fungal infections, septic infections and even tetanus within the wounds.
- Antidepressant: When you diffuse orange oil or even breathe a little bit in, the aroma can leave you feeling calm, happy and relaxed.
- Orange oil is best for decreasing anxiety and also helps to increase your mood and help you leave that bad one.
- Hair Care: Using rosemary essential oil in your shampoo can stimulate your hair follicles and help your hair to grow longer and stronger. This oil helps to slow down the hair loss and helps in preventing your hair from turning gray!
- Dental Care: Rosemary acts as a disinfectant and can be used as a mouthwash. It helps to remove and prevent bad breath. It also removes oral bacteria that can be the cause of cavities, plaque buildup and gingivitis.
- Rosemary is best at enhancing your brain power and improving your concentration, while at the same time lowering fatigue and giving you a great energy boost.
What’s your favorite essential oil? How to do you like to use it? Please share with us in the comments below!
Source, Source, Source
Brandi Monasco is a freelance writer, graphic designer and social media manager from Texas. She graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Communication Arts and has recently found a new love for health and nutrition.
Latest posts by Brandi Monasco (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS