Perfect Paleo Banana Pancakes
Written by: Brandi Monasco
I love pancakes; those delicious, fluffy, round cakes drenched in syrup. Mmmm…
But unfortunately, they’re not exactly healthy for you. So, I’ve found an alternative that can help you with your craving for pancakes – and they are my favorite!
And there you have it!
Paleo Banana Pancakes
- 1 large banana
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp of coconut flour
- Warm your your banana on the stovetop for about 30 seconds, then take a fork (I use a potato masher) and smash the banana in a bowl.
- Once your banana is mashed, add the 2 eggs, vanilla, cinnamon and coconut flour. You don’t want the mixture to be smooth. It needs to have some sort of thickness so that you can flip the pancakes. If your mixture is watery, try thickening it with some more flour, a little at a time so you don’t overdo it.
- After you have your mixture ready, cook the pancakes over medium-high heat. I like to have my pan sitting on the stove with the burner on while I make the mixture so the pan will get good and hot. I also make sure to either use my non-stick pan or spray the pan with nonstick spray.
- Cook on one side for a few minutes. If they don’t lift off the pan easily when you try to flip them, they’re not ready. Wait until you can flip them easily.
- Once ready to be flipped, flip the pancake to the other side and let it cook for the same amount of time as the first side. Both sides will look brown when they are done.
- Top your pancakes with fruit such as strawberries or bananas or even some dark chocolate. I like to top mine with raw honey.
The easiest, perfect recipe for paleo banana pancakes!
Try out this recipe and tell us how you like it!
Brandi Monasco is a freelance writer, graphic designer and social media manager from Texas. She graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Communication Arts and has recently found a new love for health and nutrition.
Latest posts by Brandi Monasco (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS