Paleo-Friendly Coconut Creme Brulee
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
YOU can have it all!
What I mean is… if there is something you want to eat/do/see, there is always a way to “figure it out.”
In this case, let’s talk about eating.
You want to eat healthy – perhaps you recently stopped eating tons of sweets. GREAT! However, that doesn’t stop you from thinking about a delicious after-dinner dessert that gives you a tasty bite to sweeten up your day.
Eat healthy AND enjoy dessert… let’s “figure it out!”
Time to introduce you to paleo-friendly Coconut Creme Brulee. Not only is it decadent and delightful for your taste buds, but also has some great health benefits.
Benefits Of Coconut Creme Brulee
- Contains magnesium: vital mineral necessary for your overall health
- Regulates the nervous system
- Acts as a balancing mineral
- Assists with both relaxation and energy production
- Helps with digestion and the assimilation of nutrients
- Regulates muscle and nervous system cells
- Rich in potassium:
- Assists with water regulation in your body
- Helps balance the body’s electrolytes
- Relaxes blood vessels, which reduces stress and tension
- Source of manganese:
- Essential to a healthy mood and metabolism
- Helps with the optimal nervous system function
- Assists with the assimilation of other nutrients
- Micronutrient content: rich source of B vitamins, vitamin C, vitamin E, iron, selenium, sodium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus
- Help form red blood cells and turn calories from food into usable energy
- Work to support better immune function and disease prevention
- Healthy fat content: lauric acid
- Antiviral and antibacterial
- Guards against infections and influenza
- Contain 100% fat soluble vitamins A, D, E and K
- Rich in calcium, iron, phosphorus, zinc, thiamin, folate, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12
- Great source of minerals: magnesium, iron, potassium, sodium and selenium
- Derived from the coconut palm tree and is made using a natural 2 step process
- Lower on the glycemic index than sugar
- Contains minerals: iron, zinc, calcium and potassium
- Source of short chain fatty acids, polyphenols and antioxidants
Paleo-Friendly Coconut Creme Brulee
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 can coconut cream
- 4 egg yolks
- ½ cup plus 4 tbsp coconut sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Slice vanilla bean lengthwise, then scrape out the seeds with a sharp knife.
- Add together the bean, seeds and coconut cream in a small pan.
- When the cream begins to simmer, cover and turn off the heat.
- Let infuse for 15 minutes.
- Remove vanilla and keep mixture warm over low heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the yolks and 1 cup of coconut sugar until it has a light and fluffy consistency.
- Gradually pour in coconut cream mixture and keep whisking to blend it all together.
- Stir in a pinch of salt.
- Divide the mixture between 4 ramekins (½ x 1 inch high).
- Place a paper towel on the bottom of a high-sided glass baking pan and place the ramekins in the pan.
- Pour boiling water into the pan until it reaches ¾ of the way up the sides of the ramekins. DO NOT pour into the ramekins, just around the ramekins into the glass pan.
- Bake in the oven 30-40 minutes, until the cream has set, but is still wobbly.
- Remove from oven, cover and let cool fully in the fridge.
To Serve: Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of coconut sugar over each creme brulee. Using a kitchen torch, slowly caramelize the sugar to create a golden top. If you do not have a kitchen torch, you can quickly stick them under a broiler set at high and keep your eye on them until the top turns golden.
Desserts are meant for SHARING… who do you want to enjoy this sweet treat with? Send this recipe to them now!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
CELEBRATE THE 2018 WINTER OLYMPICS AS AN ORGANIFI VIP!
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS