How To Make The Perfect Tex-Mex Cauliflower Rice
Nutrient Packed Cheesy Tex-Mex Cauliflower Rice
Written by: Brandi Monasco
Making mashed “potatoes” and rice out of cauliflower is all the rage right now. And that is because cauliflower is super healthy for you and low in carbs! If you like Tex-Mex food like many of us do, Delish has an amazing recipe for Cheesy Tex-Mex Cauli Rice.
Why is this delicious recipe so healthy for you?
Cheesy Tex-Mex Cauli Rice
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- 4 cup cauliflower rice
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, defrosted
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 2 jalapenos, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack
- Lime wedges for serving
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, oregano and cumin and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add more olive oil if the skillet seems dry, then add cauliflower rice. Season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until rice is tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and stir until evenly combined and the cauli rice is slightly red. Add chicken, black beans, corn, tomatoes, jalapeños, cilantro and stir until evenly combined.
- Top cauli rice with both cheeses, then cover with a tight-fitting lid and cook until cheese is melted, about 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately with lime wedges.
Because very ingredient in this wonderful recipe has some sort of body benefiting property. Here are some of the main highlights:
Cauliflower contains a sulfur compound that is known to kill cancer stem cells, which reduces or slows the growth of tumors. The sulfur compound also helps to boost your heart health. It helps to improve your blood pressure as well as your kidney function. Cauliflower is also an anti-inflammatory, which helps to reduce inflammation in your body.
Onions are so versatile and go great with many recipes. They’re loaded with vitamin C and B6, iron, folate, manganese and potassium. The manganese found in onions alone can help provide relief from colds and the flu. It also provides anti-inflammatory properties.
Black beans are full of fiber and protein as well as other essential vitamins and minerals that are beneficial for your body. Black beans contain iron, phosphorous, calcium, magnesium, manganese, copper and zinc. That’s a lot of vitamins and minerals for such a tiny piece of food! All of these minerals together work to help build and maintain bone structure and strength.
Now you can see why this dish is healthy for you! What is your favorite recipe that contains cauliflower? Share with us in the comments below!
At Last: Nature’s Youth Drink! Increase Fat Loss & STOP Aging Skin With A Delicious Mix Of 11 Revitalizing Ingredients: Finally All Together In One Delicious Red Glass! It’s never been done! We picked the best organic superfoods for a RAPID metabolism. Then we sourced all the antioxidants for stronger, firmer skin. (Everything’s Organic!) Finally, we squeezed them all into one delicious red superfood punch! Try Organifi Red Juice today!
If you’re looking to speak directly with a member of our team regarding your health concerns and how we can help, give us a call: 619-404-3133. We love hearing from you!
Brandi Monasco is a freelance writer, graphic designer and social media manager from Texas. She graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Communication Arts and has recently found a new love for health and nutrition.
Latest posts by Brandi Monasco (see all)
CELEBRATE THE 2018 WINTER OLYMPICS AS AN ORGANIFI VIP!
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS