Not Losing Weight Like You Hoped? Time To Try These!
By Brandi Monasco
Losing weight isn’t just about eating right and working out. A big part of losing weight is staying motivated during the process.
Whenever you go on a diet, it consists of a lot of small lifestyle changes and they don’t usually happen overnight. It is a process and one that can take many months to accomplish.
When you are not losing weight like you had hoped that you would, maybe it doesn’t have anything to do with the food you are eating or the workouts you are doing. It could just be all in your head!
If you have lost the motivation to keep going with your diet and exercise, try these awesome motivation tips to get that motivation back up and going!
- Leave Motivational Notes To Yourself. Use sticky notes to leave little notes to yourself around the house. You can stick them by your computer, on your fridge, your bathroom mirror, basically anywhere that you know for a fact you will see them. When you leave your notes, write things such as “Don’t give up for what you want most” or “The pain is only temporary.” Get together some of your favorite quotes that truly inspire you.
- Hang Up Your Motivation. You might have that favorite pair of jeans or that sexy black dress that you love so much but just can’t seem to fit into yet. Whatever it is, hang it up where you can see it! Being able to visualize yourself wearing your favorite jeans or that sexy black dress can give you even more motivation to drop those pounds!
- Reward Yourself. Reward yourself with something as small as a purse for the first 10 pounds you have lost, or a day at the beach for 20 pounds lost. Or, you can even place a dollar in a jar for each time you work out and when you have reached your weight loss goal, go buy yourself a new wardrobe with the money you have saved! Think of it as a reward for staying motivated and staying true to your promise to yourself!
- Don’t Exercise Just For The Weight Loss. Exercising can be for more than just weight loss. There are a lot of health benefits of exercising other than just losing weight. When you exercise, you improve your mood and reduce stress and anxiety as well as depression. Exercising also slows the aging process, which makes your older years more enjoyable for you as well as your kids and/or grandchildren. It strengthens and improves your immune system while at the same time, combats health diseases and other conditions.
- Forgive Yourself. If you make an unhealthy decision while you are on your diet, don’t beat yourself up. It is normal to make a small mistake here and there, we are not perfect and being on a diet really is hard. If you slip up, forgive yourself. Beating yourself up won’t do any good and it will only make you feel worse.
The next time you feel like you are ready to give up on your diet, DON’T! You are doing the best you can. You have already made the changes that you needed to with what you eat and how you exercise. Try motivating yourself a little more and see how far you can get!
Do you have any favorite motivation tips? Please share with us in the comments below!
Brandi Monasco is a freelance writer, graphic designer and social media manager from Texas. She graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Communication Arts and has recently found a new love for health and nutrition.
Latest posts by Brandi Monasco (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS