Not All Water Is Created Equal – What YOU Need To Know
By Lindsay Sibson
Drink water EVERYDAY. Drink 8 glasses per day. Drink 2 liters. Drink one ounce of water for every pound you weigh. Drink warm water with lemon.
Is it just me, or does it seem like there is endless advice on how to drink what seems like a fairly simple beverage?
It’s pretty simple. You need to drink water every day to stay healthy and hydrated.
But, is water just water? I hate to break it to you, but not necessarily. The truth is, not all water is created equal. Now, it’s not only the tap water versus bottled water that is being debated. There are so many different water options on the market – how do you know which one to choose?
A great option with excellent health benefits is alkaline water.
So what is alkaline water? Alkaline water is pH balanced water with a pH value greater than 7 and helps sustain a healthy acidity/alkaline level within your body.
Your body has a slight alkaline pH balance around 7.40. However, poor diet, lack of exercise, exercising too much and stress can create excess body acidity and cause a variety of symptoms such as inflammation, weight gain, low energy, mood swings and slow digestion.
Under healthy conditions, your body naturally maintains a normal and balanced pH level. But once your body’s alkaline buffer is compromised through stress or unhealthy food choices, your body needs extra support in maintaining a healthy pH balance to stave off illness and disease, amongst other common ailments that plague so many people today.
There have been over 40 studies conducted that show the advantages of drinking alkaline water and the many benefits it has for your body. If you have been feeling less than stellar or your general health hasn’t been the best, drinking alkaline water could help give you a healthy boost!
What makes drinking alkaline water so great? Here are 5 excellent health perks:
1. Dehydration/Hydration: Because alkaline water enters your system faster than normal water, it has been shown to hydrate you better and more thoroughly than plain water.
2. Digestive Health: You have a whole world of good and bad bacteria living in your digestive system. Good bacteria thrive in alkaline water and therefore can assist you in proper digestion. Alkaline water also acts as a buffer against acidity and preliminary tests have shown that drinking alkaline water can help relieve acid reflux.
3. Bone Health: By drinking alkaline water, the levels of two hormone markers in the blood that doctors use to quantify bone loss are lowered. People at high risk for bone loss, such as 50+ years old and postmenopausal women, should especially consider drinking alkaline water.
4. Heart Health: The largest study ever done on the impact of drinking water for heart health concluded that the more alkaline the water you drink, the greater the protective effect it has for your arteries. Calcium and magnesium, two minerals that are in alkaline water, are very beneficial for your heart. By drinking them in alkaline water, it is easy for your body to absorb those minerals and reap the benefits!
5. Reduce Your Cholesterol: Clinical testing indicated that drinking alkaline water can lower levels of VLDL (Very Low Density Lipoprotein) and Triglycerides in your bloodstream. These are two of the most damaging forms of cholesterol.
All of these amazing health benefits just by drinking a particular type of water? You got it! You know you should be drinking water every day, so why not switch to a water that will do even more GOOD for your body?
Here are 3 options for getting your hands on some alkaline water:
1. Water Ionizer: This is a machine you can purchase for your home that uses electrolysis to separate the incoming stream of water into alkaline and acidic components. The price tag for a quality system starts around $600, but would be a great investment that provides you continual access to alkaline water. This is the mother of alkaline water – the best of the best when it comes to getting the most out of your water.
2. Water Filter System: A smaller countertop device that transforms ordinary tap water into clean, healthy, mineralized alkaline drinking water.
3. Home Water Delivery: Depending on where you live, there may be a company available to deliver alkaline water in 5 gallon bottles. A quick Google search can let you know if this is a possibility for you – check it out!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS