Nice And Warming Sweet Potato-“Oats” Breakfast Bowl Recipe
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
Waking up on a chilly fall or winter morning feels oh-so-delightful… given you are still snuggled in your warm and cozy bed.
But eventually you need to peel yourself out of your nightly hibernation and participate in “the real world” (i.e. go to school, head off to work, etc.).
For those mornings when your body needs a nice warm hug, fill up on this delicious and satisfying Sweet Potato-”Oats” Breakfast Bowl.
Benefits Of Sweet Potato Breakfast Oats
- Provide an abundance of vitamin A (beta-carotene) – especially for the skin!
- Excellent source of antioxidants
- Valuable for their anti-inflammatory health benefits
- Help improve blood sugar regulation
- 1 large sweet potato gives you 25% of your daily potassium needs
- Contains fiber, vitamin C, copper, niacin, vitamin B5 and manganese
- Indulge your sweet tooth for minimal calories – a medium sized banana has about 110 calories!
- Naturally fat and cholesterol-free
- Has a high potassium content – great for your nerve and muscle function
- Contains a good amount of vitamin C
- Contains fiber, which helps you feel fuller longer and promotes healthy and regular bowel movements
- Has a massive amount of nutrients: fiber, protein, magnesium, manganese, copper, vitamin B2, vitamin E and fat
- Loaded with antioxidants, which protect your cells from damage
- Assists with blood sugar control
- Reduces hunger, because the protein and fiber increase satiety
- Helps stabilize blood sugar
- Contains powerful antioxidants called polyphenols
- Proven to alter body composition
- Improves insulin sensitivity
- Can help reduce the accumulation of belly fat and speed up your metabolism
- Helps to reduce the appearance of cellulite
- Has antifungal properties and can help fight against chronic candida
- Contains iron, manganese, calcium and fiber
Sweet Potato Breakfast Oats
- 1 cup sweet potat-“oats” (directions below)
- ⅓ cup crushed ripe banana
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- YOUR Favorite Toppings: banana, walnuts and/or almond butter
- Peel 1 sweet potato and place in a food processor with a shredder attachment.
- Add the blade attachment.
- Pulse a few seconds until the sweet potato is in pieces the size of oats.
|Turn It Into A Breakfast Bowl
- In a small pan over medium heat, combine the sweet potato-”oats,” mashed banana, almond milk, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir and cook until the sweet potato becomes tender.
- Pour the “oats” into a bowl and top with banana, nuts and/or almond butter.
What’s your favorite way to warm up during a cold morning? Share with us in the comments below!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
CELEBRATE THE 2018 WINTER OLYMPICS AS AN ORGANIFI VIP!
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS