New FALL Recipe: VEGAN Chickpea Pumpkin Coconut Curry
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
“OH MY Buddha…” someone please come supervise me in Thailand because I can’t stop eating all the yummy food.
Not only is it mouthwatering delicious, but also super cheap (usually costing under $3 a meal).
From soups to rice and noodles and curry… the inner foodie in me is having one heck of a field day!
However, you don’t have to fly to Thailand to enjoy these incredible flavors.
Taste the world from the comfort of your kitchen by whippin’ up a curry of your own.
This tasty Chickpea Pumpkin Coconut Curry will take your tastebuds on a ‘round the world trip while also benefiting your body.
Health Benefits Of VEGAN Chickpea Pumpkin Coconut Curry
- Great source of iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphate, calcium, zinc and vitamin K
- Supports building and maintaining bone structure and strength
- High in fiber, potassium, vitamin B6 and vitamin C
- Excellent source of fiber: helps your stay fuller longer
- Packed with vitamin C, which helps boost your immune system
- Full of the antioxidant beta-carotene
- Helps neutralize free radicals
- When your body has too many free radicals, it causes cell damage, which can accelerate the progression of cancer and other diseases
- Helps protect your skin from the sun’s wrinkle-causing UV rays (thanks to the beta-carotene!)
- Contains a number of antiseptic and antibacterial abilities that make it ideal for boosting the immune system
- Rich source of vitamin C
- Has significant amounts of dietary fiber, helps with digestion
- Excellent source of vitamin C, biotin, molybdenum and vitamin K
- Good source of copper, potassium, manganese, dietary fiber, vitamin A, vitamin B6, folate, niacin, vitamin E and phosphorus
- Contain an incredible amount of antioxidants
- A great alternative for people who have dairy sensitivities or allergies
- Has anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties
- Full of antioxidants
- Easy to digest
- Stimulates your metabolism
- Improves heart health by lowering cholesterol and blood pressure
- Helps you build muscle and lose fat
- Provides electrolytes and prevents fatigue
VEGAN Chickpea Pumpkin Coconut Curry
- Coconut oil for cooking
- 1 15-ounce can organic chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 15-ounce can organic pumpkin puree
- 1 yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 13.5-ounce can coconut milk
- 1 cup filtered water
- ½ lime
1. In a large pot or wok, heat 1 tablespoon coconut oil over medium heat.
2. Once hot, add the onion.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes, until onion begins to soften.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
3. Add the carrots and tomatoes; stir to combine.
- Add more oil to the pan if necessary.
- Partially cover the pot; cook for 5-8 minutes (until carrots become slightly tender).
4. Add the pumpkin, chickpeas, curry powder, ginger, salt, pepper, turmeric, cinnamon and cayenne pepper.
- Stir until fully combined.
5. Pour the coconut milk and water into the pot
6. Bring to a boil, then turn the heat down to let it simmer for 15-20 minutes (until the carrots are fully tender).
- Place over rice, quinoa, buckwheat, or other grain alternative.
- Squeeze a wedge of lime over each serving.
เพลิดเพลิน ! ← according to google translate that means “ENJOY” in Thai!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS