NEVER Throw Away A Rotten Avocado AGAIN – How To Freeze Avocados
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
Is it just me or do avocados go from “USE THEM NOW” to brown and mushy in what seems like the blink of an eye?
I love avocados… dearly. But, what I don’t love is when I throw down my hard earned money to buy them and then they go rotten FAST.
Ya feel me?
This will NEVER happen again once you read below about HOW to freeze avocados!
How To Freeze Avocados
This freezing method will:
- Prevent your avocados from turning brown
- Retain the avocado’s fresh taste
What You Need:
Guide To Know The Ripeness Of An Avocado:
- Look at the color of the outside skin. If it is:
- Bright green: not ripe
- Green & dark patches: almost ready
- Even dark color: ripe
- Also look at the stem color:
- White = not ripe
- Yellow = ripe and ready
- Dark brown = too ripe
Directions For FREEZING Avocados:
1. Cut ripe avocados in half, remove the pit and scoop out the inner flesh.
- Place scooped avocado in a food processor or blender.
2. Add fresh lemon juice into the food processor using this guideline:
- Large avocados will require 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, small avocados only 1 teaspoon.
- Lemon juice prevents the avocados from turning brown.
3. Blend the avocado and lemon juice mixture until smooth and creamy.
4. Scoop the avocado cream into ice cube trays and freeze.
- Once frozen, remove from the ice cube trays and store in a freezer bag.
To use the frozen avocados:
- Add them directly to smoothies.
- Thaw at room temperature and spread them onto sandwiches or add to your favorite avocado recipe, such as:
Yay – no more wasting avocados – AND you can enjoy them all throughout the year.
LOVE avocados? SHARE with us how you use ‘em below!
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS