Nacho Cheesy-Chips That Are Keto Approved!
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
Crispy, crunchy, crackers and cheesy chips.
I bet ya can’t just eat ONE?
While I like to think that I have manners while dining… I’m willing to wager that I resemble the Tazmanian Devil whilst eating a bag of chips.
I know I’m not the ONLY person that has found cracker crumbs hiding in their clothes before, right?
I blame it SOLELY on the charismatic charm of those darn chips – and their addicting carbs!
BUT – too many carbs = weight gain… and increased fat storage. No good for living a Fitlife!
This is where following a KETOGENIC diet comes into play. And by making snacks that are KETO approved, you can have your crunch and burn fat too!
Here is how it works…
What Is A KETOGENIC diet?
Plain and simple, the ketogenic diet is:
- Low carb and high fat diet
- Trains your body to get its energy from KETONES and not glucose
The reason its focus is on low carbs and high fat is because when you eat carbs, your body naturally converts them into glucose and insulin:
- Glucose is the easiest molecule for your body to convert into energy (it’s IMMEDIATE fuel)
- Insulin’s job is to carry the glucose through your bloodstream.
The typical result of this process is that the fats you eat don’t often get used and they end up getting stored away (on your thighs, hips, stomach, or butt!). This fat sits as a dormant “backup plan” for your body until your body gets a break from using carbs.
When your body doesn’t have carbs to burn – it uses FAT as fuel instead!
This cycle is known as ketosis, because the fats you eat get converted into ketones through your liver to become your body’s main source of energy.
This simple recipe will satisfy your crunchy cravings WITHOUT forcing your body to combat carbs.
How To Make KETO Approved Nacho Cheesy-Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together the cheese, lime juice and taco seasoning.
- Make small piles of the cheese mixture on the parchment paper.
- Place each pile 2 inches apart.
- The piles will melt, spread and crisp as they bake.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the chips are golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from oven and allow the chips to cool before sliding them onto a paper towel to absorb any grease.
- Serve these Nacho Cheesy-Chips when they are completely cool!
- Place a pickled jalapeno on the cheese mound before baking for extra spice!
- Leave out the taco seasoning for a regular cheesy flavored chip.
These tasty cheesy chips are the perfect vessel for dipping into some creamy guacamole or homemade hummus… the choice is yours!
No juicer? No problem! Organifi Green Juice is a carefully selected blend of 11 different superfoods including turmeric, spirulina, lemon, mint, moringa and more. It was formulated for busy women and men who are looking for a way to super boost their health and support their lifestyle without spending a lot of time or money in the kitchen. Try it today!
-This post contains affiliate links.
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS