Where are you in your life and what ships do you need and what to burn? Here are five things I want to
share with you. I also want you know what my ships were and how I was able to “burn” them.
I want to get a little personal with you, on this mindset Monday if that’s okay.
So a little over a year and half ago… I was living in Tampa fl, and everything seemed to be going right, I was making a great living, I had freedom of time and my relationships where awesome.
There was only one thing missing…
I didn’t feel like I was growing as a person. This is one of the most important things we can do in this life experience. We are constantly growing and if we are not, we are dying.
So there I was…
I felt stuck, stagnate, and I felt like I was just simply settling.
Being 29 at the time, I knew I had to do something quick, and an old story came to my mind.
It was the story of Hernando Cortes…
Captain Cortes and a small army left Cuba and set out to conquer Central America. Cortes was going to accomplish his goals, no matter the consequences. The myth states that once Cortes’ troops landed in what is now Mexico, he ordered the ships destroyed by fire.
In burning his ships, Cortes took away all options to retreat and, I am sure, got the full buy-in from his troops to make it a successful campaign. They had no choice. Either drown in the sea or conquer this new world.
Psychologically what do you think this did to the army? They knew that they could not retreat… do you think they raised their performance up a little…
Probably, right? Well they ended up losing anyway…
it’s still a good story…
‘You are gullible” they won stupid.
So how did I burn my boats in FL and manage to expand as a person in Florida? I had to leave it all behind.
Five Keys to Burning the Boats
1) Create a “have to” goal. One that will glow white hot within you. Then, burn all the other boats. A terrific relationship with your spouse, a great business, a new venture that changes lives, etc. Having a dynamic visual goal is vital and getting it down on paper is critical.
2) Action is key so act as if success is certain. By burning your boats, you will tap into your faith and create a laser-like clarity that brings everything into distinct focus. Your next steps will just flow since they will be so obvious.
3) Enlist the help of others. Nothing truly significant in life happens without others help. God created us to do things together. An individual with a burnt boat is nothing more than a castaway so tap into others wisdom and energy and be open to the great unseen forces of God as well.
4) Trust your “higher mind” to formulate connections that you never saw before. By burning your boats, you are simply freeing yourself to do something that you have been most likely been preventing yourself from doing all along.
5) Unconventional success calls for unconventional approaches. We all have hard-wired habits and ways of doing things in our life that, in time, can actually become roadblocks to success. Try completely new, unfamiliar approaches and see what happens. Charts and maps are terrific but, quite often, incredible journeys start by someone acting on one seemingly crazy and paradoxical hunch.
Drew Canole is a rockstar in the world of fitness, nutrition and mindset, with a huge heart for others and doing his part to transform the world, one person at a time.
As the founder and CEO of Fitlife.TV, he is committed to sharing educational, inspirational and entertaining videos and articles about health, fitness, healing and longevity. He is also a best selling author and the founder of Organifi, an organic, incredibly delicious greens powder, chock-full of superfoods to make juicing easy no matter your busy schedule.
During my FitLife transformation, I lost 70 pounds! That's why I signed up for the protocol, but the most exciting result is that I found ME in the process. I had been hiding under a pile of pounds, self-doubt, and grief! FitLife changed my life and I knew I had to share it with others.
-Lynne, Longwood FL
I started with Fitlife back in 2011-2012…I wrote into Fitlife asking for an extreme amount of help. I was 300 pounds, with high cholesterol, and Drew helped me transform my life. I lost over 130 pounds and I no longer have high cholesterol. Not only did I lose weight, so did my husband, who lost over 70 pounds!