Looking To “BE MORE HEALTHY?” Use These Easy And Inexpensive Items To Instantly Upgrade Your Health
Written by: Lindsay Sibson
Today is your day.
You’re off to Great Places!
You’re off and away!
You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself
any direction you choose.
You’re on your own. And you know what you know.
And YOU are the guy who’ll decide where to go.” – Dr. Suess
This is PRECISELY how I feel when I get started on a “health kick.”
It’s almost as though I’m preparing myself for battle when I decide that I want to “be more healthy.” I put on my armor (willpower and determination), gather my weapons (healthy food products) and march forward to the battlefield of living a healthy lifestyle.
I’m off to great places… I’m on my way! Great health, here I come!
This is especially true if you are just getting started in developing a healthy lifestyle. I have seen people make this choice and they instantly embrace a “GAME ON!” attitude.
However, one Google search or trip to the health food store can leave your head spinning with the zillions of products and options.
WHAT should you choose? Do you REALLY need that all-natural supplement that costs $59.99?
Let’s slow down a second and create a “game plan” that will help you lay a foundation for great health!
The first step is to make simple upgrades of products you are most likely using every day (if not, you can easily incorporate them). These swaps will seem effortless and you will BARELY notice a difference in taste and use. However, the underlying difference in how these products influence your health is immense.
Here are easy and inexpensive items that you can use in your kitchen, cooking and health routine that will INSTANTLY boost your health without feeling super sacrificial:
||HOW TO USE IT
|Goodbye table salt… hello,
- Contains 80+ minerals and elements
- Increases hydration
- Balances your pH level
- Improves circulation
- Just as you would regular salt!
- Add a pinch to your morning lemon water for an added boost of minerals!
|Goodbye refined sugar and artificial sweeteners… hello,
- A naturally occurring, zero-calorie sweetener
- Can help lower blood pressure and blood sugar levels
- Use to sweeten food and drinks
- Blend with smoothies
- It comes in powder and liquid form. Experiment to find which taste you like best (I prefer liquid).
- Carry it with you in your purse
|Goodbye regular butter… hello,
GRASS FED BUTTER
- Contains butyrate
- Higher in antioxidants, vitamins K, A, D and E, omega 3’s, CLA and beta-carotene
- Use it for cooking and baking, as you would regular butter
- Blend it in your morning coffee to create “Bulletproof Coffee”
|Goodbye icky oils… hello,
- Contains healthy saturated fats and MCT’s (medium chain triglycerides)
- Helps reduce cholesterol
- Supports heart health
- Promotes weight loss
- Stabilizes blood sugar
- Anti-aging, antibacterial and antifungal properties
- Moisturizing and hydrating for you skin and hair
- Cooking (safe and stable at high temperatures)
- Add to smoothies
- Blend into coffee to create a dairy-free “latte”
- Use as natural toothpaste
- Face and body moisturizer
|Goodbye sugary drinks… hello,
- Reduces inflammation
- Aids digestions
- Cleanses your system
- Boosts your immune system
- Excellent source of potassium
- Drink every morning to hydrate your body and wake you up!
- ALWAYS carry a reusable water bottle with you throughout the day
- Options: Use other fruits and veggies to create infused water
|Goodbye soda… hello,
- Improves hydration
- Helps move nutrients throughout your body
- NOT loaded with sugar or yucky artificial sweeteners like soda!
Here are more items you can easily incorporate into your daily health routine:
||HOW TO USE IT
- Nutrient dense with energy-boosting power
- Easy to digest
- Rich in fiber, omega 3 fats, protein, vitamins and minerals
- Can help improve your digestive health
- Sprinkle them on EVERYTHING – salads, oatmeal, smoothies
- Create Chia Energy Gel by mixing chia seeds with water
|Apple Cider Vinegar
- Contains acetic acid, a powerful antimicrobial that can help kill bacteria
- Can help lower blood sugar levels
- Shots, shots, shots! Take a shot every morning or mix with water to create a tonic
- Mix with oil and herbs to create natural salad dressings
- Add some to your smoothies
- Use as a beauty toner with a cotton ball
- Acts as a natural deodorant
- Works as a natural cleanser that helps scrub bacteria and dirt away
- Is mildly abrasive, gentle enough to use on skin daily
- Create an all-natural face exfoliation scrub by using a bit of water to create a paste
- Combine with coconut oil to create a toothpaste
- Add to your bath to create a detoxing effect
- Brighten your skin by applying as a mask
- Contains curcumin, a powerful substance with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties
- Boosts the activity of your body’s antioxidant enzymes
- Lowers your risk of heart disease
- Sprinkle onto dishes (salads, meats) to add a peppery note
- Add a pinch to your smoothies
- Mix with your morning apple cider vinegar tonic
Do you have a “go-to” item that you use to easily enhance your health? Please SHARE with us in the comments below!
“Oh, the places you’ll go!”
Lindsay Sibson turned her lifelong dream of traveling the world into a reality when she first stepped on a plan in April of 2014. With the simple intention of learning more about this beautiful world, she stepped away from corporate America to explore an alternative lifestyle of long term international travel, volunteering, blogging and pursuing a blissfully happy and fulfilling way of life.
Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life. Connect with her on her website and follow her travels on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/_traveloholic_).
Through her blog, Lindsay documents her journey in hopes of empowering others to find their passion, reignite their spark and freshen their outlook on life.
Latest posts by Lindsay Sibson (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS