Liver Detox And 3 Reasons Why You Need It
Written by: Brandi Monasco
You often hear about detoxing your body, but what exactly does that all entail?
A full body detox usually consists of the detoxification, or cleansing of your blood. When you detox, you are removing toxins and impurities from the blood in your liver, intestines, lungs, kidneys, lymphatic system and skin.
However, sometimes it is necessary to focus on detoxing one major organ at a time, such as detoxing your liver.
Your liver plays a very important role in your health and regular bodily functions. Its main job is to filter the blood that is coming from your digestive tract before it is passed along to the rest of your body. It is also responsible for detoxifying chemicals and metabolizing any type of prescription or over-the-counter medications you may take. Because of this, you can understand why it is important to detoxify your liver.
If you need more convincing though, here are some other great reason why you should consider a good liver detox:
1. A Liver Detox Can Help You Lose Weight. What many people are unaware of is the role that the liver plays in the breakdown of fat. Just as your intestines and stomach are an important part to losing weight, so is your liver. When you detox, or cleanse your liver, it helps in aiding the production of bile, which helps your body to metabolize fat.
2. A Liver Detox Can Help Increase Your Energy. When your liver has too many byproducts building up inside, sometimes it is hard for nutrients to make it back into your bloodstream where they belong. When this happens, your energy levels can drop, leaving you feeling sluggish and fatigued. When you detox your liver, the buildup is removed and the nutrients that your body needs are able to go back into your bloodstream, allowing your body to absorb those nutrients, thus, increasing your energy levels.
3. A Liver Detox Can Support Your Immune System. Having a healthy liver is essential for having a healthy immune system. When your liver is bogged down with harmful toxins, it can become clogged with unhealthy fat. This can lead to a poor immune system. Cleansing your liver and removing the clogged, unhealthy fat can help get your immune system back in shape.
Wondering where to get started with your own live detox? Give these liver detox juices a try:
The “Colorful” Drink
- 1 bell pepper
- 3 carrots
- 1 medium size cucumber
- 1 apple
- Half of a lemon
Instructions: Make a juice from all of the ingredients using a juicer. It is best to drink the juice immediately to avoid the ingredients from losing their antioxidants. Drink several glasses each day to get the best results from this liver cleanse juice.
Turmeric Liver Flush
- Half teaspoon of turmeric
- A tiny bit of powdered ginger, to your taste
- Juice of half of a lemon
- ½ cup of water
Instructions: Simply mix all of the ingredients together and drink!
Know any other liver detoxing tips? Please share with us in the comments below!
Source, Source, Source
Brandi Monasco is a freelance writer, graphic designer and social media manager from Texas. She graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Communication Arts and has recently found a new love for health and nutrition.
Latest posts by Brandi Monasco (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS