Keep Your Teeth Healthy With These Natural Supplements
By Brandi Monasco
It is important for you to maintain good dental health. Apart from brushing and flossing your teeth, you can also use herbs and supplements regularly to help keep your teeth healthy and strong.
The herbs and supplements discussed below work wonders on teeth and can help you maintain healthy gums as well as protect the teeth from decay.
- Vitamin C is an important supplement for dental health. Research shows that a lack of vitamin C causes tooth decay and weak teeth. It is an antioxidant that maintains the connective tissues, keeping them healthy and strong. It helps the gums stay healthy no matter which bacteria invade the mouth.
A healthy gum prevents the bacteria from reaching the roots of your teeth, thus averting decay. Vitamin C is also responsible for healing, growth and repair of cells and tissues. It is responsible for the formation of collagen, a protein that makes up connective tissues for healthy gums.
- Calcium is a vital mineral for the jawbone. The jawbone is responsible for making sure that the teeth are strong and tightly fit. When you don’t get enough of it, the jaw weakens and the teeth begin to loosen. Therefore, a lot of calcium is required to maintain the health of your teeth.
It is recommended that you get at least 1000mg of calcium on a daily basis. Foods such as salmon, peas, cabbages, beans and brown rice contain calcium.
- Enzymes And Coenzymes are good for general dental health because they keep the important chemical reactions in the body in check. This helps the tissues recover fast and remain strong, so any dental illnesses and gum diseases will be averted once the enzymes are used regularly.
For your body to be be able to make enzymes, minerals are needed. These types of minerals are magnesium and zinc. Coenzymes are needed to help these enzymes function properly. Coenzymes are vitamins and to get enough of them, you need to use minerals/vitamin supplement e.g. Super Supplemental.
- White Oak Bark is a very helpful herbal product in maintaining good dental health. It contains tannins that are useful in strengthening the gums and loose teeth as well as improving the elasticity of the gums. It also contains a high content of calcium, zinc and magnesium that are key components to boost the strength of the jawbone. You can make a mouthwash with the white oak bark and rinse your mouth.
- Echinacea is good for general dental health, it makes the gums stronger and reduces toothaches and sore gums. It contains a chemical that is a mild local anesthetic for quick toothache healing. It stimulates the immune system to recover, thereby helping all the gum related problems, leaving your dental formula healthy.
- Licorice Root is another herb for dental health; it has been found to reduce the development of cavities and plaque. It stimulates the immune system and acts directly on bacteria. Additionally, it stimulates tissue healing. This leaves your gums healthy and strong.
All these herbs and supplements will help you in your journey to maintaining good dental health. Do you have any experience with any of these? Let us know about your thoughts and experiences in the comments below!
No juicer? No problem! Organifi Green Juice is a carefully selected blend of 11 different superfoods including turmeric, spirulina, lemon, mint, moringa and more. It was formulated for busy women and men who are looking for a way to super boost their health and support their lifestyle without spending a lot of time or money in the kitchen. Try it today!
Brandi Monasco is a freelance writer, graphic designer and social media manager from Texas. She graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Communication Arts and has recently found a new love for health and nutrition.
Latest posts by Brandi Monasco (see all)
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS